Help A Vet * Save A Pet
Since 2014, we have supported over 100 Veterans with service dogs rescued from kill shelters.
To train and place shelter dogs to serve and provide independence to our U.S. military Veterans that suffer from the emotional effects of war. In turn, each Veteran can experience the therapeutic and unconditional love only a companion animal can bring.
- Founded in 2014
- Graduates to date: 102
- Dogs Rescued: 455 dog rescued since 2014 and visited 89 dog shelters.
WHO WE SERVE
Paws of War provides service dogs & training to veterans who:
- Have served in any branch of the uniformed services in any era;
- Have received an honorable or a general (under honorable conditions) discharge;
- Have a disabling medical condition (does not need to be service-connected);
- Have been released from all service and reserve obligations;
- Since 2014, 988 volunteers had worked over 68,000 hours
- We have attended over 200 community events
- Have met all Paws of War requirements for application into the program, applied, and been accepted into the program;
- Have successfully completed all required Paws of War training and certification requirements.
There is no cost to a Veteran for the service dogs we rescue, train, and place, or for the training we provide.